May 8, 2022 11:40 a.m.
No one was hurt, but a travel trailer was destroyed in a fire Saturday night in Roseburg.
Fire Marshal Brian Jewell of the Roseburg Fire Department said at about 7:50 p.m. crews were dispatched to reports of the fire at the Alameda Trailer park in the 500 block of Northeast Alameda Avenue.
Jewell said firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and flames showing from a 1996 travel trailer. Upon investigation, firefighters found a fully involved travel trailer that was threatening nearby structures. Crews extinguished the fire while stopping it from spreading to nearby structures and other trailers inside the park. Jewell said the resident was not home at the time of the fire. One dog was able to exit the trailer after nearby neighbors opened the trailer’s back door.
Jewell said the cause of the fire was unintentional and resulted from an unattended cooking appliance. Several other agencies assisted the Roseburg Fire Department at the fire.