Good news for Indian nationals wanting to visit Morocco! The north African nation has resumed tourist and visitor visa operations in India and has started accepting visa applications for all categories. The Embassy of the Royal Kingdom of Morocco made the announcement. Apparently, the Moroccan border reopened for commercial flights on February 7, 2022.
VFS Global, an international visa consultant, said that Morocco visa applicants in India can submit their applications for all categories. It includes tourist visas at its Visa Application Centres (VACs) in New Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai.
Earlier, no visa applications were being accepted because of the rising cases of Omicron variant in the country. But now the operations have resumed and Indian nationals can easily apply for visas.
Indian nationals will have to pay INR 2560 along with the tourism promotional charges of INR 140 per application (for tourist and visitor visa categories).
Entry requirements for Indian nationals
Morocco is open to fully vaccinated Indian nationals. Though, they’ll have to show their vaccine certificate stating that they were fully vaxxed at least 14 days before arrival.
1) Tourists will also have to fill up a ‘health form’.
2) People must carry a negative RT PCR test report not older than 48 hours.
3) Within 48 hours of arrival, travellers will be subjected to another test that may be administered at the hotel or the residence center for tourists.
4) Upon arrival in Morocco, visitors will have to undergo temperature checks and random Rapid Antigen Test (free of cost).
5) Those unvaccinated will have to quarantine for a maximum of 10 days in an government approved hotel.